Monday, November 21, 2016

"Miss"-ter Lop

One particular Lop bunny from my Holland Lop female, Cupcake's litter I held off selling in hopes of raising her up to be a breeder.  She had beautiful coloring - here's her picture...


And well, since my mistake a few years back, raising up a bunny only to find out once it was fully mature that the little 'girl' was actually a little boy, I've been extremely careful and am always double-checking to make sure I have correctly sexed my bunnies. 


And it's been going very well, with every single bunny, until I got this little one. 


I checked her once and never looked again until a few weeks ago...only to discover my girl was, in fact, a boy!


Here's a picture of "her" when he was little...I put a bow in his hair and everything :)


So, while his color is absolutely adorable and his personality was great, I knew there was no place for another male.  So before even putting him up for sale that evening, I had multiple people interested and he was off to his new home that next morning. 


The lesson here? No matter how long you've been sexing rabbits, you can always make a mistake.  So it's always best to check multiple times, even if you're sure of the sex, just to be on the safe side.  And a lesson for buyers? If you're looking for a specific sexed bunny, always double check for yourself when you meet your bunny.  It's very easy to make an innocent mistake, so it's always better to be safe then sorry and simply double-check :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment