Saturday, December 3, 2016

Year-Round Treat

 Very recently I discovered that rabbits can have pinecones to both play with and munch on.   So after doing a little research, I found that it's really easy to make them 'bunny ready'
 Basically, it's the perfect, and definitely low-budget treat that all your bunnies can enjoy!
Put your oven on the low heat of 200 degrees fahrenheit where they'll then cook for about 45 minutes.

This is a new thing I'm trying out, so I'm not 100% sure how the bunnies will like it, but from all the different research I did, it seems like pinecones are a huge hit with all rabbits :)
Not only that, but for the longer furred bunnies, like Angoras or Lion Heads, the pinecones catch the loose fur in the cage, making it easier to clean up quickly, before the bunnies eat it, causing wool-block.

So no matter how you look at it, these pinecones are a win, win!
And, they're all over the ground, especially this time of year.  I'm really excited to try these out with my bunnies in the very near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment