Sunday, December 4, 2016

Feeding Pinecones - Flemish Giants

The Giant Flemish all LOVED their pinecone treats! I wasn't sure what they'd think of them, so I started each bunny off with one pinecone apiece to see how they'd like them. 


And well, my oldest female, LE enjoyed playing with it, not so much eating it. 


LE's daughter, Dadooshka, from LE's first litter, not only played with her pinecone, but also ate the scale-like-leaves off the entire thing :)


:)


Dadooshkak's sister, Pumpkin loved her pinecone just as much, also eating all the 'scales' off.


I gave two pinecones for Cottontail and her son.  Cottontail was from LE's second litter. 


Her son (who sold this evening) really loved his pinecone! 


They both had lots of fun playing with the pinecones as well as nibbling them.


I also gave two to Ruby, (Dadooshka and Pumpkin's sister) and her daughter, who's still to be named.  They both loved them!


I know this picture is blurry, but I just love the separation of the spots on her face between the Tort color and the white :)


I'm excited for her litters this spring!


They're both so sweet.  And like the others, they enjoyed munching on their pinecones!


Rhett Jr wasn't a fan of his pinecone...


...he just rubbed his chin all over it initially (to make his territory) then completely ignored it.


Ruby's two boys from her last litter seemed happy with their pinecones, eating all they could from them :)



But since this picture (which I took the other day), they started nipping at each other, so I had to put up the divider between them.  They're both very happy now, living in their own sections of the double hutch.


Buttons enjoyed her pinecone, but was more interested in getting some attention :)


Although after getting some love, she became interested in the cone and this morning I saw she'd completely eaten all the 'scales' off :)


Currently, the pinecone treats seem to be a real hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment