Thursday, December 29, 2016

New Girl and Dotty

The last of my mixed breed, adult females are gone.  The last two to sell were Dotty and New Girl. 


I decided I'd put up a few pictures of them. 


Dotty was two years old.  She went to a very nice lady to become a companion for a 4 and 1/2 year old English Spot female rabbit named Jessi. 


While Dotty was with me, she was an amazing mother who had 3 litters with a total of 25 babies. 


She will be very happy as a retired breeder, as she'll have free rein of a whole apartment to enjoy :)


I will miss her, but I'm glad to know she'll be well loved and well treated. 


She was born and raised here with me, her father's Dustin and her mother's Buttons. So this is a completely new experience for her! Not only did she have her first ever car ride yesterday, but this will be the first time she'll get to live indoors with climate control. 


Then for New Girl...


I took New Girl in from a family who didn't want her anymore.  They had her living with three males.  After she had two litters, one right after another (only a month apart), I made sure she had lots of time to recuperate and kept her far away from any males for quite some time. 


With me, she ended up having another 3 litters, totaling with 5 litters which added up to 29 babies.


Without a doubt, she was one of the sweetest bunnies I've ever owned. She was the best mother and will make an amazing pet! She was sold to a young girl who had recently lost her bunny that she'd had for about three years.  I know she's being well loved and spoiled rotten, just as she deserves :)


She was always such a good sport!


These last few pictures were taken the day she left.


She was so sweet! I'm still not sure what breed she was, but I'm pretty sure she had a little Polish Dwarf in there somewhere. 


:) 


Needless to say, while they are both greatly missed, I know they're well loved and that's all I could ever ask for. 


No comments:

Post a Comment