Thursday, December 29, 2016

Sunny Bunnies

The other day the temperature rose to the low fifties and it was absolutely beautiful! All the bunnies had a great time, just hanging out, enjoying the warmth and sleeping in sunbeams :)


Above, the white Flemish Giant male I'm raising up.  And below, his brother, who's currently up for sale.


They're both in the double hutch still, but now the middle divider is up.  They're happy to see each other, but they weren't happy about sharing the space, so the divider went up and things are peaceful again.


My female Nickel and her daughter.  


I decided I wasn't going to sell Nickel, even though she's a mixed breed.  I've never seen a rabbit of her coloring before and so I want to keep her.  I'm considering breeding her with a Lion Head this Spring for some pretty babies.  Her daughter though (the one that looks like a wild bunny) is up for sale.


My Velveteen Lop female, Lilac. 


Lilac, just like her sister Lily, absolutely loves attention!


And with the nice weather, she seemed even more eager to socialize. 


My oldest female, LE.  


I'm thinking of breeding her one final time this spring, then letting her live out the rest of her life as a retired breeder.  She's one bunny that I will never sell.  I don't care.  She's my oldest female and she'll be with me until the end. 


Then here's LE's daughter from her second litter.  This is Cottontail, she's not as big as LE, but she's just as sweet!


And my female, Ruby. 


Ruby's the mother of the two Flemish Giant Albino males I currently have. 


And her daughter, who I'm raising up for this Spring's breeding as well. 


Ruby's beyond sweet and has a nice size.  One of my larger Flemish females, besides LE. 


My Lop female, Valentine.  She's not the most social bunny, but she's one of the best mothers.  Not only does she raise her own, but she's a great foster mother as well!  This coming year will probably be her last for breeding as well. 


And my sweet, Mini Lop, Luna. 


Phantom and Misty's single maned Lion Head male.  I still have to find the perfect name for him, but I'm really excited for this spring when he'll be able to breed with some of my newer females.  


And his sister, my BEW Lion Head. 


And his other sister, my beautiful blue eyed, Calico bunny. 


Misty with her daughter, the Calico female. 


And just Misty, my beautiful blue eyed, Magpie female. 


The lighting was really nice, especially for the earlier pictures taken.  Hopefully I'll be able to catch some more moments with good lighting in the very near future :)

No comments:

Post a Comment