Thursday, March 23, 2017

Breeding Bunnies

While I was unable to breed my rabbits last week due to a foot and a half of snow, the weather was nice enough for me to breed again this week. 


So on Tuesday, I put my Holland Lop female Hope in with my Holland Lop male, Bubba. 


Hopefully they'll carry through some blue eyes into their litter. 


Then I put my Lion Head female Raine in with my Lion Head male Napoleon. 


Since both of them have pure blue eyes, I'm excited to see the eye coloring of their litter. 


Plus, since they're both Broken Tort in coloring, I have a feeling the entire litter will look very similar.


Napoleon did a very good and quick job with Raine, so after giving him a break, I put my Lion Head female Fawn in with him. 


She's a beautiful Chocolate Tort VM, so she has the ability to carry blue eyes to her litter, and hopefully a few chocolate colored babies as well. 


She and Napoleon are both on the petite side, so their offspring will be adorably small!


Then I put my Lion Head female Damara in with my Lion Head male Phantom. 


Both of them have partially blue, partially brown eyes.  So their offspring will probably be really neat!


Then lastly, I put my Lion Head Zeus...


...and my Lion Head female Natasha together. 


However, Zeus was unable to successfully breed her.  So then I put her in with Phantom, who was also unsuccessful.  Then I put her in with Napoleon.  But he wasn't interested.  So I put all the bunnies back into their own cages.  Then yesterday I put her back in with Napoleon.  I'm not sure if he was able to breed her or not.  However, I put her on my calendar just in case she was bred. 


No comments:

Post a Comment