Thursday, January 19, 2017

Rabbity ~ Jan. 2017

It's been a little bit and my rabbitry is looking quite different!

My old bench with the sink has been completely demolished.  You can actually see the old sink on the ground, next to this new little bench.  It is much smaller, however the bottom section to hold tools and such is really nice! But I do miss being able to use it as a structure for a cage or two.  In front of the bench (I forgot to take a picture of it) is my herb garden.  Being winter, it's all mainly dead, but today I raked all the dead leaves out of it and consequently, it's looking much better!


Some of my hutches, all lined up and in a row! 


Then my newer hutches, lining the top of our garden area currently.  In this location, the hutches get a lot of sun, which is particularly nice during these colder months.  This spring I'm hoping to paint them so they match the others. 


We've been going through lots of hay to help keep the bunnies warm this winter, as you can tell by all the extra on the ground.  


And in this picture, you can see all 3 structures.  The middle one will also be painted to match the other 2 this spring. 


This structure, holding all my Lion Heads.  The tarps lying on the ground in front of each structure goes up in the evenings or on windy days to help keep the warm and safe. 


The middle structure is holding all my Lops. 


And then the last structure is holding my Flemish Giants.  Beside that structure are 2 of my 3 Velveteen Lops.  


Currently in the hutches there are a few 'odd ball' bunnies, however most of them are empty.  From my mixed breeds, I only have Dustin and Buttons left to sell and if all goes well, they will be going to their new homes tomorrow afternoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment