Thursday, February 23, 2017

The First Breedings

Today was so beautiful and warm out, that I decided to breed some of my bunnies.  First up, I put my experienced Lionhead female Kizzy in with my unexperienced Lionhead male Zeus. 


To say Zeus was slow in getting to work would be an understatement.  In fact, for a little bit, I was worried he would never find her interesting.  But luckily he bucked up and got the job done.  I guess I'll find out in 32 days if he was successful or not. 


Then I put my new Holland Lop female Myra in with my Holland Lop male Watson. 


It's hard to see from the picture, but Watson is laying behind her.  They're still together, as Myra wasn't allowing Watson the ability to breed her, and with as hard as he was trying, he kept getting worn out.  I'll separate them tomorrow and wait out the 32 days to see if he was able to breed her or not.


Then I put my Holland Lop female Cora in with my Holland Lop male Bubba. 


The two are both experienced and so they got right down to work.  She laid right down and lifted her tail.  I'm excited to see their babies as Bubba's so small. 


I put my Mini Lop female Eva in with my Mini Lop male Bruce. 


Bruce is very experienced, and this was Eva's first breeding.  I'm looking forward to seeing what colors I will get from these two. 


Then I put my Flemish Giant female LE in with my Flemish Giant male Rhett Jr. 


LE's starting to get pretty old for a breeder, so I'm seriously thinking of retiring her after this litter.  She's the biggest female I have, so I'm hoping she has a few females that I can keep and raise up. 


Then lastly, I put my Velveteen Lop female Lilac in with my Velveteen Lop male Francis. 


I'm hoping next week will be just as nice, and if so, I'll begin my regular breeding cycle again this year.  Except I'm hoping to breed on Tuesdays instead of Mondays like last year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment