Wednesday, June 25, 2014

First off...


 
 
Rabbits are my hobby.  I raise them, feed them, care for them, play with them, sell them, and love them.   This blog is to tell you about my experiences with raising rabbits and possibly help you with your own. 
 
 
 
 
I originally started raising rabbits the winter of 2012.  A friend of mine gave me a female rabbit and another friend no longer wanted their male.  With this pair, I began my journey of raising rabbits and learning all about the welfare and care they would need.   
 
 
 
The male's name was Oreo and the female I named L.E. (which stands for Long Ears) The owner did not know what type of rabbit Oreo was, but after lots of research and comparison, I think it's safe to say he is a Dutch bunny.  L.E, on the other hand, is a Giant Chinchilla/Giant Flemish mix.  Their size was and is very different, however they made a nice looking pair.  I originally tried breeding them, but with no luck.  I soon decided that one of the rabbits must be unable to make more little bunnies.  With this in mind, I bought a brother and sister pair of Giant Flemish rabbits who I named Rhett and Scarlet. 
 
Now, I wish to keep everything out in the open as to exactly what I do with my rabbits.  Yes, I live on a farm of sorts. Therefore, yes, I DO harvest some of my rabbits.   They feel no pain and it's over and done with extremely quickly and humanly.  The other thing about my blog is that I will mainly be talking about rabbits.  I will, however, discuss other animals amongst other things, but my main focus will be on my rabbits and my day-by-day experiences. 

No comments:

Post a Comment