Thursday, July 10, 2014

Bunny Book

Okay, so one of the biggest questions I get from literally almost every person who knows about my rabbits is this, "How can you keep track of everything that goes on with them?"  The answer? Well, I actually keep track of EVERYTHING that happens.  Big or little, I record it and it goes down in my 'Bunny Chart'. 

 
As you can see...nothing too special.  It's just an ordinary, white, 3 ring hole binder...
 
 
Once you open it up, you'll immediately see that the opening paper clearly lets you know what this is.
 
 
Right after this page, I have the 'table of continence'...
 
 
Then as you can see, in section 1, I have all the babies and litters with notes, etc. 
 

 
Then in section 2, I have a whole list of possible names for my rabbits...
 
 
Then we hit section 3, where I have all my females of breeding age listed with a chart to keep track of their breeding records, etc.(below are a few examples of 2 different females and their breeding charts)
 
 
 
Then we come to section 4.  This section is where I do the same as in section 3, except I do it for my males who are of breeding age.
 
 
 
 I would have move examples, but the thing that allows me to upload my pictures is acting funny...
 
Anyway, as I'm sure you can imagine, my bunny book has LOTS of tabs in it...lots and lots of them.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 And then in the very front of my thing, I keep records of different litter's and their genders, along with the best types of chickens to raise depending upon what you're looking for...
 
 
...I'm not really sure why it turned the picture like that...
 
But anyway, there you go! Yes, it does take some time to make sure you get everything in there that needs to be there and whatnot, but it's all really worth it in the end.  And just to make sure everything's done correctly, I also keep an animal calendar that I write down breeding dates, due dates, etc.  So there you have it.  You now all know that I really do have everything under control back there. :)   
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment