Monday, July 14, 2014

Olivia's Kit Pictures!

Alright well I've got some more good news...Kayla between 10:30 and 11:00 am had 5 kits!  She's been cleaning them off and ripping out fur to cover them with.

I got a few pictures of Olivia's for you.  I'm going to wait a little bit and give Kayla some space before taking pictures of her babies.  I don't want to stress her out.

Anyway, here are the few pictures I was able to get before Olivia started getting annoyed with the camera in her space...



As you can see...the babies are inside a nest of hay and then covered with Olivia's fur from her stomach and hind legs.

Olivia (as you can tell by this picture) was not very pleased to have her area disturbed right now.  So unfortunately, these were the only photo's I was able to get.  However, within the next few days, I'll get some more pictures and don't worry--they'll be better pictures too. :)


And that's all the pictures I have for you today as far as the Lion Head babies go.  I'll have some of Kayla's for you soon!

Kayla and Piccolo did a good job.  However, I've never dealt with miniature rabbits...so I found this a little bit puzzling: Kayla had 5 babies.  4 of them are the average size, the 5th baby is very small.  I'm not sure if the small one is a peanut or just more like the dad while the other 4 are more like the mom.  I'm not sure, but I guess I'll be finding out fairly quickly and when I do, I'll let you know :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment