Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Baby Pictures

I took some pictures of LE and Button's babies this morning.  They're so sweet!

This picture is of LE eating next to her baby and showing you the heating lamp which is keeping the lone baby warm

Close up of LE's baby

Then here are Button's 5 babies.  Four are spotted and one is all black.

So as you can see, currently all the babies are doing very well and are being well tended by their mothers.  Button's didn't appear as perky as normal, so I gave her some dandelions to help keep her healthy.

Then there's my male Oreo.  He was my first male rabbit ever and quite frankly, he couldn't stand me and I didn't trust him.  But over time I completely won him over.  I got a rabbit who wouldn't let you even pet him to a bunny who I can now pick up and hold.

Sadly though, Oreo was old when I got him.  I know what you're thinking and no...he's NOT dead.  However, he does appear to be slowing down lately.  That's why I'm raising up Chuck.  Chuck is one of Oreo's and he is to replace Oreo in the breeding department.


Oreo truly is a beautiful rabbit, but you always have to be ready for mother nature to take its course and so I'm raising Chuck. 

Now, I'm not saying Oreo's going to die any day now...definitely not! In fact I wouldn't be surprised if he lives for another year! However, he's really old and is slowing down so this is just to be on the safe side and have a back-up male. 

No comments:

Post a Comment