Thursday, August 7, 2014

Rejected

I was out tending all my rabbits when I got to my Lion head females, Olivia and Kayla. 



I noticed one of Olivia's babies slip into Kayla's section.  He hopped around with all of her babies for a few moments, while I fed Kayla, then I picked him up and put him back with his siblings and Olivia.



I begin filling up water bottles with my sister when we hear grunting, screaming, and banging coming from Olivia's hutch.  I open it up to find she doesn't recognize her baby with Kayla's scent now on it so she's chasing it around trying to snap it's neck.



My sister got a long branch full of leaves to distract Olivia while I quickly pulled the baby out. 



So...as of right now we have a rejected baby who still needs to be weaned and therefore will be living in the house with us; where we will bottle feed it and make sure he's safe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment