Thursday, August 21, 2014

Fireworks and Bunnies

So, the other night we decided to shoot off some backyard fireworks for fun.  Before hand though we took the baby bunnies inside and off the porch to prevent terrifying them.

We all sat on the porch and my brother would light them and set them off.

Anyway, it was a lot of fun and everything was going really well!  I had filmed a bunch of them going off and decided to put my camera away for a little bit.

Then my brother decides he's going to set 2 off at once.  So while he's lighting them, one falls over facing us who are all sitting on the porch.

They start going off, very small at first...then all of a sudden, this massive missile-type sound goes off and these big sparks start exploding and all shooting at us!

My younger sister dove behind some chairs, my parents scrambled to get up and out of the way and I almost fell out of my chair trying to get away from the oncoming sparks.

It didn't last long, but it definitely added some interest to the evening! We all had a good laugh about it.

And this afternoon I sold the other male who I had bottle fed as a baby a few months ago.  I got some last pictures of him before he went to his new home...


 
So there you have it.  Saturday my 2 females Buttons and LE are due.  I moved them into nesting-boxes this morning.  They will be the last litters for 2014.  I'm going to give them all a break over winter and begin again early 2015. 
 
And I've decided to keep Pumpkin's only baby left.  Even though it's a male, he's extremely beautiful and I'm hoping his coloring will continue with his kits. 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment