Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Rain and Rabbits

It poured ALL day long yesterday.  Since early in the morning until late at night the rain just kept coming down.

I kept waiting for it to either stop or for there to be a lull that I could go and take care of my rabbits in.

I waited until 6 in the evening.  Still nothing but a down pour. 

My brother and I ran out and of course...we were soaking wet before we even did anything with the rabbits.

And...there's just something about doing the rabbits in the rain that makes it really hard to tend them.

I mean, it's always easiest to take care of something in perfect conditions, but when you're soaking wet with rain pouring down and you're losing daylight, things become much harder. 

With rain, you're now concerned about making sure the feed bag containing all that food stays dry, otherwise it will mold.  Also, every time you touch a rabbit, the fur sticks to your hands and gets all over you.

Needless to say...it was not the most fun I've ever had taking care of the rabbits.  However, it definitely motivated my brother and I to feed and water the rabbits much faster than we normally otherwise would!

No comments:

Post a Comment