Sunday, August 3, 2014

New Dilemma's

This past week has been filled with lots of new rabbit dilemma's and changes.  Basically, it's all revolving around my newest additions. 

Piper had given birth to 7 babies...she ate 3 of them and pulled another away from the rest so it died of hypothermia. 

Jazz stopped feeding 1 out of her 9 babies.  It was one of the caramel colored ones.  She pulled it away to let it cool down.  I found it in the morning and took it inside where my mother held it as I began making some of the formula for it to eat. While I was making the formula, the baby died.

So...Jazz isn't doing a bad job, but Piper has been absolutely awful.  I can't move her remaining 3 over to Jazz because Jazz already had to let one die to be able to feed the others.  So, once Piper's babies hit 6 weeks, (or, sadly if they die first) I'm going to sell Piper. 

Then there are my Lion heads.  One of Olivia's babies went through a small hole in the nesting box and got in with Kayla's babies.  Kayla attacked it and ripped back all the flesh on it's side, exposing all it's organs.  The most human thing in that situation was to put the baby down so it would no longer be in any pain. 

On the bright side though, I was able to sell 16 rabbit's this past week.  They are all at their new homes except 2, which will be going sometime next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment