Sunday, August 17, 2014

The End of Jazz

Two days ago I was outside, nice Friday morning, laying on the driveway with my dog just enjoying life.  My mom opens the window and is talking to me.  All of a sudden, our female dog and mother of the puppies comes running over to me from the rabbit area.

I didn't really think that much of it until I went out to do the rabbits a little bit later.  The area the dog had been in was a section where only my female rabbit Jazz could see her. 

I opened up Jazz's hutch only to see her and 2 of her babies laying dead.  The connection? Just like when the bear came through and caused havoc, the sight of the dog terrified Jazz, causing a heart attack and then death. 

Obviously, the same happened to the 2 babies.  So...I'm now bottle feeding her remaining 6 babies who turned 3 weeks old exactly today.  To keep them close to us, they are in a crib, living on our porch now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment