Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Piper's Era

As I'm sure many of you could guess, Piper officially has zero babies to tend.  She killed the remaining 2 last night.   Her time as a breeder of mine is completely over.

 
If you think that's hasty of me...let me weigh the options for you.  Here are 5 pros and 5 cons as to why Piper needs to find a new home.

Pro: She's a female

Con: She has a horrible attitude.

Pro: She's a Rex. Rex's are known as really good meat rabbits

Con: She doesn't trust me

Pro: She's of breeding age

Con: She's only been bred once and killed her entire litter before they even hit 10 days old

Pro: I own her, so she's readily available for breeding

Con: She's a horrid mother who I cannot trust to take care of her litters

Pro: She's extremely healthy

Con: She isn't doing what she should be by breeding, so now she's just taking up a cage, space, and costing me money by the amount of feed she eats and time I spend tending her, etc.

So from my point of view, it's not worth it to keep Piper around any longer.  Tomorrow I'm going to take pictures of her and put her up on craigslist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment