Friday, August 15, 2014

Beach n' Bunnies

Yesterday you may have noticed I didn't post anything.  It was actually because we drove down to the beach for the day. 

It was a lot of fun!  My dad stayed home to watch the puppies.  He was going to take care of the rabbits as well, but I took care of them before we left so he wouldn't have to worry about that.

We got there, stuck on our suits, and enjoyed the waves for at least an hour before we got out to go find some dinner.

There was this little pizza shop that we went to with our family who we met down at the beach.

After that, we headed up to the boardwalk!

For those of you who haven't gone to the beach before, it's so much fun!  You can smell the salt in the air and seagulls are all over the place.

There's this store along the boardwalk that we stop at every single time we visit the beach without fail.  It's called "Old Salt" and they sell hermit crabs there.

As you see the picture on the right, that is a genuine, honest-to-goodness hermit crab!

We always get at least 2 hermit crabs every time we go to the beach from this store.

We got there and were looking at all the options they had...and quite honestly, they didn't have a very good selection.

For those who never buy hermit crabs, you can buy small crabs, medium crabs, large crabs, x-large crabs, and jumbo crabs.

The small crabs are about the size of a quarter and the jumbo's are about the size of a baseball.

I was hoping to get a jumbo crab, but they didn't have any available at that time.  And I didn't feel like getting a small one just because it's a hermit crab.  So, seeing as to how they didn't have any jumbo crabs and I already have my rabbits which keep me very busy; I decided not to get any.

Surprisingly, my siblings found out I didn't want one and they chose not to get any either. Consequently, we came home for the first time from the beach without any hermit crabs.

So, over all, it's probably a really good thing the rabbits keep me as busy as they do, otherwise I would definitely have gotten a hermit crab last night!  But it was still a ton of fun.  We ended the night with some frozen custard and headed back to our home.



No comments:

Post a Comment