Thursday, August 7, 2014

Craziness

Well, my sister went out to check on the rabbits only to find one of Jazz's babies had crawled into Olivia's area where she sliced his nose open.

My sister brought him inside where we kept him an hour or so and when the bleeding scabbed over, we put some triple antibiotic ointment on it.

While he was inside, my younger sister held him and watched the puppies as my brother and I went out to the rabbit area.

We took Piper out of her hutch and moved her temporarily into a spare cage.  I then took Kayla and put her, along with her 4 babies and 2 of Olivia's babies whom Olivia had rejected.

Kayla's a very good rabbit and she was fine with taking in the extra 2 as her own.  (that included the baby from the last post which I had brought inside)

My brother helped me move Scarlet into an old and empty cage.  We then moved Olivia and her 2 babies of whom she still excepts as her own into Scarlet's cage.  Then I came inside and got the baby my sister had been holding and put him back with his mother.

While it was a lot of work moving them like that, it will keep all the babies safe and hopefully prevent any more 'mishaps'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment