Friday, January 20, 2017

Lionhead Names

The other day I finally named all my Lionheads (male and female) and got pictures of them today. 

First up is my Orange VM female.  Her mother is Tasha and her father is Phantom.  She's 1 of 4 females that I kept from Tasha's last litter.  Her name is Damara.   Damara means "Gentle" and fits her perfectly as she's a very sweet, gentle female.  When people come to see my bunnies, I always bring her out for them. 


Damara also has really beautiful eyes, as both of them are brown on the top and blue on the bottom.


Then this is Damara's sister, from the same litter.  She's a Chocolate Tort and very sweet.  Definitely the smallest female in the litter and a little on the petite side.  Her name is Fawn.  I picked it simply because her coloring has a fawn hue to it and when I think of a fawn, I think of a baby deer. 


This is Damara and Fawn's sister, also from the same litter.  Her stunning markings and beautifully bold, blue eyes made her a definite keeper from the beginning.  She's the largest in her litter and very noble in stature.  Her name is Raine, meaning "Queen" or "Warrior".   Her proud appearance made her the perfect candidate for the name. 


Then the last of the 4 sister, this beautiful Black Tort VM female.  She looks the most like their mother, Tasha.  Because of this, I actually chose the name Natasha for her.  The biggest difference between the two is Natasha has white on her nose, while Tasha does not. 


Then this Blue VM female is the daughter of Rosie and Phantom.  Rosie passed away when her litter was about 3 weeks old.  So I bottle fed them and raised them in our basement.  This female was the only girl to survive, all the others that lived were males.  So I kept this girl in memory of her sweet mother and named her in her memory as well.  This is Rosie II.


This is my first BEW (Blue Eyed White) Lion Head ever.  So when she was old enough to sex and I found out she was female, I decided to keep her.  Her mother is Misty and her father is Phantom.  Both of her parents have blue eyes.  She's extremely solid, but petite in her build.  And she has a little attitude to go along with it.  But over all, she's a good bunny.  Her name is Pebbles.  This is because pebbles are tiny rocks, and this bunny is a tiny bunny.  So the name seemed appropriate. 


This is Pebbles' brother.  Like her, he has blue eyes.  He's a broken Tort color with a small mane.  When he was little, his mane was beautiful. But his litter mates pulled most of it out.  His name is Napoleon.   I picked this because he's a very small bunny, similar to my old Piccolo.  Plus, he's got a real attitude at times, and Napoleon somewhat fits with the other male Lionheads names (Zeus and Phantom.)


Then this is my Blue Tort female.  Her mother is Neptune and her father is once again, Phantom.  She is never in the mood to be picked up, but once you're holding her, she's happy to cuddle in your arms. I named her Zina.  Zina means "Beautiful" and "Strong."  She got sick when she was only a few weeks old, but with the aid of herbs, she pulled through! So "Strong" fits perfectly and I think she's adorable, hence the name Zina. 


I must confess, rabbits that are all white, no matter their eye color, are really hard to get pictures of.  The camera (especially when they're really fuzzy) just doesn't know where to focus.  So while it's not the best photo of the female below, it is one of the clear ones.  This pure albino is the daughter of my female Kizzy and male Phantom.   From a different litter, Kizzy had another albino female that I named Marshmallow.  Marshmallow ended up being sold, although I ended up regretting it.  So when Kizzy had another litter with another albino female, I decided to name her Marshmallow II.


Then from the same litter as Marshmallow II, came her sister, a Black VM female.  With Kizzy and Phantom as her parents, this little girl had a gorgeous coat.  However, the rabbits she was sharing a cage with aided in ripping it out.  She had been sold, but was brought back about a month later as the couple lived in an apartment and their landlord discovered this bunny.  He gave the couple the weekend to find her a new home or he would evict them.  So they brought her back.  I believe they had named her Emma.  However, I changed her name.  She is now Koko.  This name means "Black." And with her gorgeous coat, I thought it was a perfect fit. 


Then last but not least, my Calico female with blue eyes.  She's the sister of Pebbles and Napoleon.  Like her two siblings, she's solid but petite.  She definitely has a feisty side to her.  She just got her own cage as she was pulling fur from Pebbles' sides.  While her mother is Misty and her father is Phantom, this little girl only has a single mane.  Her name is Iris.  I chose this name from mythology, the goddess of the rainbow's name is Iris.  And since this little girl is so colorful, I felt it was a perfect fit.


I still have to name my Albino Flemish Giant male from Ruby's litter, along with his broken Tort sister.  Although I'm not sure if I want to keep her or sell her.  However, for the current time, I'm definitely keeping the male.

No comments:

Post a Comment