Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Not Fitting In ~ A Guest Post


This post was written by a guest blogger, Grace Tallman. 

Have you ever felt like you don’t fit in? Do you wish you were thinner? Had curly hair?

I can relate to that. We live today in a world that can be hard to find yourself. Sometimes it’s hard to feel like you belong. You want people to like you. You may change how you dress. How you do your hair. Or even what you do.

Trying to hide yourself from the world is so tempting. When someone wants to fit in they aren’t thinking about what God wants. They are thinking about what they want. Maybe all the girls you know are wearing heavy makeup. Does that really matter? Most of the time it seems like the easy thing to do. Just wear what others wear just so that they like you.

If you know something is wrong don’t do it because chances are they still will want more. In the world today dating has become so normal. It’s hard to keep your faith.

I promised to wait until marriage to give my heart away. Even when people around me say oh go ahead I didn't let them influence me. You need to remember that God is the only one who you need to please. You don’t have to give it all away just so you fit in. Instead if you’re who God made you to be maybe others will think about the example you are setting.

In the end, if you don’t like yourself how will others like you? God created you to be yourself and different. If He wanted everyone to be the same He would’ve created us that way.

Trust me I have been there, it’s not easy to be yourself. Be different than others, as we are all unique and special. It doesn’t matter if you wear glasses, or have braces because you are a child of God. He loves you for who you are and that is all that matters. Sometimes, I still want to fit in but first I remember who I am and how God looks at me.

In the Bible it says, I am fearfully and wonderfully made.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KGGE8SCQ8SI - This link will take you to the song with which this post was inspired.

http://www.onegirlonelifeonegod.blogspot.com/ - Check out this link if you would like to read more posts done by Grace Tallman.  This link is to her personal blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment