Sunday, May 17, 2015

Kayla's Litter

So while I double checked the sexes of all my 5 week old litters and checked for the first time all the litters who are about 2 - 2 and 1/2 weeks, I had my younger sister take some pictures of the rabbits.

 
This post is about Kayla and her current litter of 2 very adorable bunnies.

 
The white with black around it's eyes is definitely a female! And as much as I love her, I do believe I will be selling her when she hits 6 weeks.  She's very sweet, but I feel if I don't sell her, I won't make a profit off of this litter since it was so small.

 
The little grey one is doing really well!  It's definitely a male and he's very cute.  He stopped growing about 2 weeks ago, making me believe him to be a peanut.  But the past few days his appetite has improved and he seems to be growing again.  Now I'm not sure if he's actually a peanut or just a runt. 

 
But either way, I need to be definitely sure what he is by the time he hits 6 weeks.  If he's a peanut, he will only live a few months at the most.  But if he's a runt, he can live to be 10 years or older! So it makes a huge difference.  I cannot sell someone a peanut knowing he'll just die shortly.  So I'll have to make a decision based on how much he grows this week as to whether or not I'll make him an official peanut or runt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment