Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Week Old Baby Rabbits

All the babies born this past Friday and Saturday are doing great!  I did find 2 babies (one from Arrow's nest and one from Malaguena's) dead underneath all the fur.  However the rest of the babies are growing like weeds and I'm loving all the different colors!
 
Pumpkin's Litter
 I had given one of Button's caramel colored bunnies to Pumpkin, but then yesterday I found 3 of Arrow's babies out on the wire.  So I stuck the bunnies in with different females.  Anyway, the spotted caramel one is from Arrow's litter. 

Malaguena's Litter
 
Then Malaguena still has the two spotted babies from Arrow's litter.  She's doing an awesome job keeping them all fed nice and equally :) 

Pocahontas' Litter
 
One of the three babies from Arrow who I found on the wire I gave to Pocahontas.  It was a black and white one.  She's very good with her babies, but doesn't like it when people touch them.  So I've been keeping my distance, but I cannot wait to start holding them when their eyes open!

Button's Litter
 
Even though I had originally give some of Button's babies to other females, I gave Button's the remaining third baby who had been on the wire in Arrow's hutch.  It's another black and white baby.  I constantly check on them to make sure all the babies are in the nesting box and are warm.  So currently everything's been going well and Button's doing a good job keeping them alive and well.

GG's Litter
 
Then GG is so good.  She isn't fostering any babies, because I felt she had a large enough litter for a first timer that she shouldn't have to take on any others.  So far, all of her babies are still alive and doing really well!  She definitely keeps them well fed :) 

GG's Litter

Cottontail's Litter
 
Cottontail is doing a wonderful job with her litter and there are definitely two that will look just like Achilles (the dad).  Then there are two others who are a really pretty grey color. :)  She's also fostering one of Button's babies.  I believe it will be a Lion Head like MJ, but it's a beautiful caramel color. 

Cottontail's Litter

Arrow's Litter
 
Arrow only has three babies left in her nest and she's doing everything possible to keep them safe, warm and fed.  She hasn't tried to attack me in two days, so I think she's realizing that I'm not going to harm her babies.  If she calms down enough, I might just keep her after her litter's grown up.  Because while she was being so aggressive, I was seriously thinking of selling her after she's done raising her litter.  She still has two black and white babies plus a spotted caramel one.
 
 
Then all the baby Lops ears have dropped! They look adorable!

 
The baby Valentine's raised in her own litter is doing really well too, but of course her ears won't be dropping :)

 
So out of the lops there are definitely three boys and one girl.  I'm not sure if I'm going to keep the female to raise up or sell, since I lost my sweet Sprinkles. 

 
Anyway, they're just so cute :)




 
The two spotted ones, munching away :)

 
This has been the second Lop litter we've had.  With the first litter, only one had its ears completely lop.  And I found out why...you can NOT touch their ears!!! It will keep them from falling down like they're supposed to.  So, I made sure no one touched this litter's ears and now they all have the true look of that classic Lop which everyone loves so much :) 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment