Monday, May 4, 2015

Spring Rabbitry ~ May 2015

Starting around April, I began buying flowers for different colored tins I've bought and some hanging baskets to decorate my rabbitry for spring with :)

 
When you enter my rabbitry, this is what you see...

 
I have flowers and a few signs all around :)

 
And for those bunnies who are fostering others, I put a piece of red duct-tape and wrote the number of babies they're fostering, their coloring, and the name of the true mother's name.


 
My mom picked up a bunch of solar lights when they went on sale, so I have those around too.  The light on at night helps to keep bear away from my bunnies.

 
Plus, the three glass pots I picked up at a yard sale for a total of 60 cents :)

 
A few tins onto of the table back there to give it some color :)

 
And I still have my tin bird house that looks like a sun flower from last year :)


 
Then I currently have 3 hanging baskets filled with marigolds on an old shelf.  I'm hoping to get some shepherds hooks to hang them off of soon.

 
Then I just thought this was cool how you could see the three females all enjoying the nice weather.


 
As you can see, I have LOTS of tins full of only flowers that are edible for the rabbits incase they eat some of them. 

 
Plus, the marigolds are helping keep the flies out of my rabbitry too :)


 
The rabbit in the corner is Chuck.  I recently moved him there because the cage was bigger and he loves to run, so I thought it would be better for him. :)

 
Then I have a hanging fly trap off of a tomato cage which is keeping my bleeding heart bush from falling over :)

Marigolds :)

Pansy :)

 
So that currently is my rabbitry.  I doubt I'll do much more to it for the summer, however I have this vision of eventually getting a few really cool tin posters and nailing them to all the hutches I have.  I'll have to wait and see if that will ever happen or not :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment