Monday, May 4, 2015

Lots of Babies

I went out the other day (Saturday) to check on all the newborns.  It was really hot outside.  I went to pick some Dandelions for Arrow, when I noticed that two of her babies were on the ground underneath the hutch.
 
 
Luckily since it was so warm they were both okay, but I figured I shouldn't stick them back with Arrow as she let them go outside and fall in the first place.  So I rubbed them all over with Malaguena's fur and put them in with her litter.  She's still taking care of them and doing an awesome job!

 
So here is Malaguena's litter with the two additional bunnies from Arrow's litter.

Pocahontas

 
Here's a picture of Pumpkin's litter.  However, yesterday I gave Pumpkin a caramel colored baby of Button's.  So she has an additional baby she's caring for.

Pumpkin next to her babies :)

 
Above and directly below are pictures of Button's litter as of Saturday.  Sadly, two of her white babies both crawled out and fell into her water dish and drowned.  So I moved her water dish.  Then we luckily saw another baby out and put it back in the nest before it got too cold.  This is why I gave one of hers to Pumpkin and another one of her babies to Cottontail.

Button's Litter

 
Then directly above and below are pictures of GG's litter.  She still has all of them and is doing an awesome job keeping them feed and warm :) 


GG

Cottontail next to her nest full of bunnies :)
 
Then Cottontail has been doing a good job with her litter.  Plus yesterday I gave her one of Button's caramel colored babies (who I believe is a double maned Lion Head) to raise in hopes that it will survive and that with fewer babies, Button's will do a better job keeping them in the nest and alive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment